- We only ask for the information needed to fulfil the customer's order, such as their name, contact details, and delivery address.
- We do not ask for credit card details, as the payment is processed securely by PayPal.
- We will never disclose our customers' information to any third parties.
- All our books are despatched via 1st Class post and should arrive within 1-2 business days (UK only). International orders are sent via Airmail. The cost of postage is per item and will be calculated automatically at the checkout. The charge for items weighing 750g (¾ kg) or less is £2.75 (UK only). Items weighing up to 500g (½ kg) destined for Europe (this includes Turkey, Russia, and all former SSRs) will cost £5.25, whilst the same weight to Asia, Africa, Australasia, and the Americas is £8.75.
- Items whose individual value is greater than £46 will be sent via Recorded Delivery at no extra cost to the buyer (this is only applicable to the UK).
- We aim to despatch orders the same day.
- If you have any further questions concerning delivery, please e-mail us.
We try our best to describe each book as accurately and honestly as possible, however you are always welcome to ask more questions before making a purchase.
If a book does not yet have a description, then please feel free to send us an e-mail, and we will do our best to provide you with any additional information you may require.
In the rare event of a book's description not reflecting its actual state, we will refund you in full – provided the book is returned within 7 days and in the same condition in which it was sent.
We regret that, due to their fragile nature, antique and other precious books are exempt from the above – please request further details about such items prior to purchase.
Customers who have bought books on at least two occasions can enjoy a 10% discount off their next purchase.
Selling Your Books To Us
We are always on the lookout for rare, unusual, and interesting books. If you have any titles in good condition that you would like to sell, please get in touch.
We will require the following information:
- Title, author, illustrator (if known or applicable), publisher
- Year and edition (where possible)
- A description of the book's condition (e.g. inscriptions, foxing, loose pages, &c.)
- A description of the dust jacket's condition (where applicable)
Photographs and scans are always welcome. Please attach these in the form of JPEGs or TIFFs. Where Ladybird books are concerned, please take a picture of both the front and rear – the latter helps us establish whether it is a first edition and its approximate year of publication if it's a reprint.
The policies regarding shipping costs are subject to change at any time without prior warning.